Discounted Lab Tests
Start Taking Care of Your Health Today.
Prevention care is a comprehensive approach to health and wellness that focuses on proactively preventing the onset of illnesses, diseases, and other health problems. The goal of prevention care is to promote optimal health and well-being, and to reduce the risk of developing chronic conditions. This approach is in contrast to traditional healthcare, which typically only provides care and treatment after an illness or disease has already taken root.
Some common examples of preventive care services offered by SilvaCare include:
- Physical exams: Regular physical exams are a key component of prevention care. During a physical exam, a healthcare provider will assess an individual’s overall health and look for any potential signs of illness or disease. The exam may include a review of the patient’s medical history, a physical examination, and diagnostic tests such as blood work or imaging.
- Immunizations: Immunizations are one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. By receiving recommended immunizations, individuals can protect themselves and others from preventable illnesses.
- Health screenings: Screenings are tests used to detect the presence of disease or health problems before symptoms appear. Common health screenings include mammograms, pap smears, prostate exams, colon cancer screenings, and cholesterol checks.
- Lifestyle counseling: Healthcare providers may offer lifestyle counseling to help individuals adopt healthy habits and reduce their risk of chronic disease. This may include advice on diet, exercise, stress management, and other lifestyle factors that can impact health and well-being.
- Risk assessments: We may also perform risk assessments to identify an individual’s specific health risks and help them take steps to reduce their risk of disease. For example, a healthcare provider may assess an individual’s risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, or other chronic conditions based on factors such as age, family history, and lifestyle habits.
By taking advantage of preventive care services, individuals can maintain optimal health and well-being, and potentially avoid the onset of chronic diseases. Regular preventive care also allows healthcare providers to detect and treat health problems in the early stages, which can result in better health outcomes and potentially lower healthcare costs in the long run.